Posted at 2020-02-05 18:18:05 by Tom Sun
World Soccer Tournament 2020
Update: World Soccer Tournament 2020 scheduled for March 28 and 19 has been cancelled due to COVID-19 concern.
Please email email@example.com if you have any questions.
*Registration information updated daily. This does not reflect new registrations after the posted time stamp.
Tournaments will be held at the Lied recreation center on March 28 and March 29. Registration will be opened from February 25 to March 10.
At a Glance
- WST is played in a World Cup format. Teams do not need to represent a specific country, region or student organization. Matches will be played indoors at Lied Recreation Athletic Center (LRAC).
- Registration is limited to 16 teams and will be on a first-come-first-served basis. The registration fee is $30 per team.
- All players must wear tennis shoes, indoor court type shoes, or turf shoes. (No cleats on indoor turf area)
- Teams can have a maximum of 10 players and a minimum of 7, 7 on the field (6 Outfield + 1 Goalkeeper) with 3 substitutes maximum. All teams must have a captain that is a current ISU student. Non-ISU students are welcome to be on a team however, Lied Recreation Services will have a fee upon entering their facilities for all non-ISU students. WST will not be responsible for covering this fee.
- League games on Saturday will consist of two periods of 8 minutes each, with a 3-minute half-time break between halves. Knockouts on Sunday will consist of two periods of 10 minutes each, with a 3-minute half-time break between halves and the Final will be 15-minute halves with a 5-minute halftime.
- Prizes will be awarded to winners!
How to Register
Fill out this form once you have a fully formed team of 7-10 players.
*Make sure to read through the “How Registration Works” section down below to know how we will accept registrations.
Want to join but don't have a team?
Fill out this form to indicate interest and we will keep you in touch with other individual players.
*This will be on a first come first serve basis as a team can have no more than 10 total players.
How Registration Works
- There will be 16 teams total with 1 team reserved for individual players who wish to play but want a team provided for them.
- The first 15 teams to completely fill out and submit the registration form will have a spot held in the tournament. A confirmation email of successful form submittal will be sent within 24 hours of submitting the form.
- Once 15 teams have successfully submitted a form, every team after the first 15 that have submitted a form will be added to a wait-list and will be notified of their wait-list status through email within 24 hours of form submittal.
- The first 15 teams who have a spot held in the tournament will have from the date they submit the registration form up until March 11, 2020 to turn in the registration fee of $30 (cash) to the ISC office. The times available and location to turn in money can be found here.
If any of the first 15 teams fail to make this money deadline, their spot will be given to the next-in-line on the wait-list, who will be notified by email on March 11 and need to turn in $30 (cash) by March 13, 2020 to claim their spot in the tournament
*Teams who are on the waitlist will be notified on March 11 if they have been moved up to a tournament spot. All teams will be notified on March 13 of their status within the tournament.
Rules and Regulations
Rules and Regulations can be downloaded HERE
*All players must be aware of the rules and regulations BEFORE final submittal of google form.
Be aware that all players on the first day of the tournament will need to sign a waiver form. Players who fail to sign this waiver form on the first day will not be allowed to play.
If you are interested in being a referee for WST, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Referees are required to have foundational knowledge of soccer and are not allowed to be in the roster of a participating team in WST
If you have any further questions or concerns, please email email@example.com.